Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Day 72 - Daytime Boredom

I missed writing on my blog yesterday due to the bum back. It was impossible to sit for any length of time, so typing in front of a computer was out of the question. Today I feel like I am on the road to recovery, however, truth be told I do think this is going to be a slow process. And what can you do when you are flat on your back? My choices are to (1) to read or (2) to watch the boob tube. What I have noticed is that daytime TV is a black hole. I end up watching designers create new kitchens and bathrooms for either outrageous sums of money, or for next to nothing. I watch people trying to buy houses and complain when their $800,000 doesn't buy what it used to. I also find myself watching people pawning stuff, people picking for antiques and people trying to lose exorbitant amounts of weight via gastric by-pass surgery. To be truthful, mostly, I turn the TV on, put the recliner all the way back and doze. Could be the combination of the drugs I'm taking coupled with the oh so boring daytime TV that makes me so sleepy. I must have a GA-zillion channels, and there is nothing to watch. I cannot wait until this back feels better and there is no need for my arse to be planted in this recliner. On the other hand, I have been able to catch up on my reading... I have already finished one book, and most likely will go through about 4 more before I am up and about.

No comments:

Post a Comment