Saturday, March 10, 2012

Day 70 - Wow, I was Skinny & Hubby had Hair

I think one of the niftiest inventions of the digital age is the digital frame. I received one as a gift for Christmas this year, and I am becoming obsessed with it. I love that I can load photos and watch a slide show.
I am going through boxes and boxes and album after album to find photos that could be deemed digital frame worthy.
Today I found a photo of my 3 kids with their paternal grandmother and great grandmother which I can hardly wait to show their children. I found pictures from my college days, when I was much thinner and my hubby still had hair. I'm wondering if the grand kids will know who these folks are. I found pictures taken at family gatherings and weddings of relatives who are no longer with us. It's nice to have those photos, taken at a happy time.
I am slowly assembling a group of photos that need to be scanned, named and then added to the flash drive. I need to make sure to identify the people and the year of the photo in the name of the actual photo file, as time passes and people no longer remember who was who. So this does take time. The best thing about this process, is once I am done, I will no longer need to worry about them fading, or sticking to the plastic in ancient albums. And with today's "saving to the cloud", even if we suffer a disaster, all my pictures will still be safely stored there. This week, after loading the initial photos to the frame, I stood at the end of my kitchen counter and watched the show, I thought I was standing there for about 5 minutes, in actuality it was more like 30. I totally got caught up in watching and remembering, an easy thing to do. Once this project is complete, I probably will be standing at the end of my counter for hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment