Saturday, March 3, 2012

Day 63 - I'm Sorry, So Sorry, Please Don't Take Your Ads Away

I must admit I do not listen to Rush Limbaugh, I think I became weary of his same old same old schtick about 15 years ago. He sure has the knack for saying things that will get his name into the news. There is a part of me that thinks he has perfected this act, and when his ratings start to slip he deliberately says the most outrageous things and waits for the fall-out. Keeps his name in the news, now doesn't it? Ratings, right?
What bothers me most about this most recent tirade of his is that he picked on a female law student, equated her to a prostitute, used her given name and finally  went on to call her a slut.
Limbaugh has gone too far this time. The outrage he is hearing is not just coming from women he labels as femi-nazis, it is coming from women throughout the US who are fed up with him belittling women. Women took to Twitter, Facebook and other social media to let Limbaugh's sponsors know that if they continue to support him by placing ads on his show, then women would boycott their products. Within a 24 hour period he lost 4 major sponsors and it was anticipated that there would be more to come. So what did Limbaugh do late today? He issued an apology. Right. He is sorry that his pocketbook was taking a beating. I do not think any of this will stop his vitriolic rants, but I am proud that the women of this nation would no longer stand for his nonsense, and got him where it hurt the most - his bottom line.

No comments:

Post a Comment