Friday, March 9, 2012

Day 69 - Wagga Wagga - So Sorry

A tree is completely hidden by hundreds of webs/spiders
If it isn't bad enough that you happen to live in a city in Australia with the name of Wagga Wagga, these days it seems you have to share your pristine countryside with millions of invading Wolf spiders. What appears to be snow covered fields (see photo) in actuality is thousands of spider webs.

photo by Daniel Munoz - Reuters
The explanation for all of this is that flooding in other sectiosn of Australia has caused a mass migration, and it appears the arachnid's travel agent said that Wagga Wagga was the place to be this time of the year.
I cannot even begin to comprehend what the residents of Wagga Wagga (makes me giggle every time I type it) are going through as I freak out if I find one of these critters invading any part of my house. I have been known to utter a colorful phrase or two when encountering one of the little buggers. 
If I ever awoke to something like this, I would immediately think that I was being punked. And once realizing I wasn't, I would wait for the National Guard to arrive, as this definitely would
be considered an invasion and I would want them to rid the nation of the marauding mites! All I can say is I will never again complain when it snows, at least it won't be snowing spiders, ewwwwwwwwwn- gross!

No comments:

Post a Comment