Monday, March 5, 2012

Day 65 - Pipe Dreams about Pippa

OK, I am becoming more and more a frustrated at the rate the pounds have been coming off since the first of the year. It seems to me that they have been coming off excruciatingly slow. Don't get me wrong, I am happy to have shed 10 pounds, but it seems to me that with giving up the goodies that I have, and introducing more activity to my life, this old broad should have lost double that.
So I have been investigating the diets that the stars and celebrities say are the best for them, and frankly, I don't think they are for me. When it takes a dictionary to explain some of the foods on the diet, I know instinctively that I am not going to go on that program. Others call for going back in time and eating like the cavemen, probably a good idea for some, but I am Irish, and I like potatoes and the potassium they bring to me. And I do like toast, oatmeal and rye breads. These days, however, all in moderation.
I glanced at the diet that Kate Middleton, her mom and sister went on just before the big wedding this past Spring, and if it could guarantee me the memorable derriere of Pippa, I might consider it, but at my age who am I kidding, that is nothing but a pipe dream. (or more appropriately a Pippa Dream)
So, for the time being I am sticking to what I am doing and am hoping that by the end of the year there will be less of me typing on this laptop.

No comments:

Post a Comment