Thursday, March 1, 2012

Day 61 - Hair Today, Gone Tomorrow?


Since I have been unemployed, I have been toying with the idea of completely changing my hairstyle. Changing my look.  What I would like is a style that takes relatively no effort on my part, but still looks fabulous. I had a scheduled salon appointment today, and after applying the magic color, the stylist asked me, "what are we going to do today? Are we cutting?" And I so wanted to say yes, let's cut the whole thing, let's go crazy, instead I mumbled, I don't know, what do you think? I know that it is my decision, but as much as I want to change, I consistently wimp out. I had no cut today, simply went in and eliminated the tell tale greys that form in a lovely path down the middle of my head creating a look that resembles a skunk. Not especially attractive.
I came home from the salon and hit all of the Internet sites that show shorter hairstyles, and all that did was make me more confused. When I am in the salon, I admire all of the short hairstyles that women choose, and I wonder if that particular style would look good on me. But I always drag my feet, as my hair grows at a snail's pace and if I choose unwisely, I will have to endure the look for quite a while.
So with no cut today, my hair will most definitely be ready to at least be cut the next time I visit the salon. So who knows, 5 weeks from now I could have an entirely new look, or knowing the ever so conservative me, I could have a trim. Sometimes it stinks being conservative.

No comments:

Post a Comment